11 Jan 2015

Google is reading your mail contents

There has been earlier reports that Google is a "Peeping Tom", which has been discussed all over the internet. Where most of them has been told to be public information, Google has been earlier fined for same [read here]. I, as a user have never felt threatened of privacy theft, nor are there financial loss attached. But today, an alarming incident happened while composing and sending a mail using Gmail.
In one of the mails which I was writing, I got a pop-up informational warning while trying to send stating that my email contains the phrase "I have attached" but have not attached any file and if i wish to continue??

Mail warning pop up for attachment

I edited the words as "Please find attached" to check if it still searches, and bingo it did.

Mention of attached still gave pop up


This is a serious case of  privacy invasion by Google playing as "Peeping Tom",reading every mail contents !!


Disqus

comments powered by Disqus