Are you thinking of buying a new cellphone device or some technology gadgets? Within the last few years we have seen an explosion in the market for handheld devices to new technology equipment.
These cool new tech gadgets can make as much, if not a lot more, in some cases, from an old PC could. As with any device running programs that require excellent operating system to do so. There are many of these operating systems to choose from; the one that everyone is talking about now is the Android OS by Google.
What actually is an Android?
This is an operating system or OS that runs on mobile phone products. This operating system is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. Google originally acquired the system from Android Inc and continued to adapt and evolve into it.
What about other mobile operating systems?
The most commonly known operating systems until date have been Windows Mobile OS, Apple Mobile OS and Linux. Over time we observe more operating systems imported which causes everyone to that fore mentioned software vendors to adapt and strive to get the best in the hi tech gadgets market.
So for a general user, it is a chaos to understand which operating systems to use and what are the advantages and disadvantages?
Windows Mobile OS
The Windows Mobile OS could be found in a wide range of phones from many a variety of brands.
So let's see the great points:
- Reliable and stable
- A wide range of programs are available
- Touch navigation happens to be improved by the new interface
- A very good sync ability with Google Mobile and Exchange
- Handheld devices available on networks
And the bad points:
- Old operating system and sometimes chunky and slow
- Inconsistent interface
- Browser was slower than others like Safari
- Interface is not though very user-friendly
The reason for the success so far has been the fact that Microsoft generally know what they are doing and come among a proven track record, especially in some of the more frequently used technology, devices such as mobile phones, DVD car video game and GPS navigators.
Apple ordered a huge share of the mobile market, with the introduction of the iPhone that has been named among the better gadgets of technology by various writers and pundits.
IPhone OS currently only runs smoothly on iPhone, iPad and iTouch that,
What are the advantages?
- Very reliable
- Many apps to choose from
- The best touch-screen navigation screen
- Switch between applications seamlessly fast and slick
What are the disadvantages?
- Apple devices can be expensive
- Only available from the Apple store
- Apple OS has been successful, because it was each best when released. When Apple released the iPhone series it was new and designed for the masses.
Linux mobile operating system is available in a range of Hi Tech gadget, but what are the pros and cons?
- Many Linux apps are free
- Open source means you can write programs for it
- A lot of support which are available in Internet
- It still possesses couple of bugs
- No official help line
- Cannot run Microsoft applications (this can be done indirectly though)
Other widely applied operating systems is truly the Symbian OS, Palm OS then BlackBerry.
At the moment it seems that these operating systems fall behind those that mention previously within the article. New innovations and mass appeal, that are the main grounds for this.
So why has the Android operating system gained such appeal?
The main reason to this is that it is Linux established. This means that it has much more third party applications available for it. So what are the pros and cons?
- As mentioned preceding, is open source
- Hacked readily
- Continuous updates provided
- Lots to providers design apps for it
- Handsets limited
- Power management issues
- Interface isn't user-friendly
With the relative cheapness of Chinese OEM products, like Xiomee MI3 that are launched recently, we saw android that brought in more people quickly. After reading this one article you should have a better idea to what suits your mobile OS.